STATE COUNCILS & COMMUNITIES
As provided in Article 4 of the Constitution of MUSWEN, the primary member-organisations of the body are the Muslim Communities or Muslim Councils of all the States in South West Nigeria (i.e. Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Osun, Ondo, and Oyo States).
The six State Muslim Communities or Councils are as follows:
- Ekiti State Council for Islamic Affairs
- Muslim Community of Lagos State
- Ogun State Muslim Council
- Ondo State Council for Islamic Affairs
- Osun State Muslim Community
- Muslim Community of Oyo State
MUSLIM ORGANISATIONS AND INSTITUTIONS
MUSWEN also embraces Muslim organisations and institutions domiciled in the South West region of Nigeria.
The Constitution of MUSWEN provides for the following categories of membership:
- Established Missionary Organisations.
- The League of Imams and Alfas.
- Muslim Traditional Rulers.
- Muslim Professional Organisations,such as association of Muslim lawyers,Muslim doctors,Muslim journalist,etc.
- The “Alasalatu” Organisations.
- Ahlul Tariqah
- Arabic and/or Islamic Education Institutions.
- Specialist Muslim Organisations for instance, Muslim Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), conventional education institutions and foundations.
- Muslim Women Organisations.
- Muslim Academics.
- Body of Patrons.
- Muslim Youth/Students’ Organisations.
MUSWEN interacts with many Organisations in the South West. The foremost of these Muslim Organisations which constitute the MUSWEN Central Working Committee (CWC) include the following:
- Ansar Ud deen Society of Nigeria (ADS)
- Nawair ud deen Society of Nigeria
- Zumratul Islamiyya Society of Nigeria (ZIN)
- Ahamadiyyah Movement in Islam, Nigeria (AMIIN)
- Muslim Association of Nigeria (MAN)
- Al- Fatihul Quareeb Islamic Society of Nigeria
- Nasrul-lahi-li Fathi Society of Nigeria (NASFAT)
- The Companion
- Jama-at- ul Islamiyyah of Nigeria (JIN)
- Rahmat Islamiyya Association of Nigeria
- Anwar ul Islam Movement of Nigeria
OTHER ISLAMIC ORGANISATIONS
Other Islamic Organisations which MUSWEN also interacts with are as follows:
- Muslim Students’ Society of Nigeria (MSSN),
- Federation of Muslim Women Association in Nigeria (FOMWAN),
- Ansarul Islam Society of Nigeria,
- The Muslim Congress (TMC),
- Nurudeen Society of Nigeria,
- Da‘wah Front of Nigeria (DFN),
- Organisation of Tadamunul Muslimeen (OTM),
- Movement for Islamic Culture and Awareness (MICA),
- National Council of Muslim Youth Organisations (NACOMYO),
- All Muslim Private Tertiary Institutions domicile in the South West,
All Muslim Communities of Tertiary Institutions in the State and Federal e.g Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education, Technical Colleges, etc domicile in the South West region of the country. The list cannot be exhausted.